Thursday, December 29, 2011

Doom Village West/Subway/Resistance Headquarters

Finishing the Doom Village Set, I created Doom Village West, Resistance Head Quarters, and The Subway Station.Here is what both combined maps look like.





Resistance Headquarters was again inspired by "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" as well as the Marvel Comics "Civil War" series.The Subway Station is an "Iconic" stage for so many great movies and comic books over the years, I thought it would be great to have atypical setting for almost any Heroclix game.





Personal thoughts on these maps:I struggled for 2 months to create this collection, amidst business turmoil, and personal wars between other people in the business. It was a real rough experience to get these ones out. And when they sold poorly It was enough to drive me away from publishing game maps for a while.

There could be any number of reasons why these maps didn't do well, but I really blame most of it on the declining demand for Heroclix Maps. NECA(the company that produces the game) really does an outstanding job of releasing a lot of maps on their own, really eliminating the need for 3rd party accessories. I also blame a hostile environment created by rival websites, and I began to feel like I was forced to choose sides when all I wanted to do was make some money.

All in all I love making maps, and It's become a much more rewarding hobby than it ever was a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment